The Center on Great Teachers and Leaders (GTL Center) is dedicated to supporting state education leaders in their efforts to grow, respect, and retain great teachers and leaders for all students. The GTL Center continues the work of the National Comprehensive Center for Teacher Quality (TQ Center) and expands its focus to provide technical assistance and online resources designed to build systems that:
- Support the implementation of college and career standards.
- Ensure the equitable access of effective teachers and leaders.
- Recruit, retain, reward, and support effective educators.
- Develop coherent human capital management systems.
- Create safe academic environments that increase student learning through positive behavior management and appropriate discipline.
- Use data to guide professional development and improve instruction.
The GTL Center is operated by a team that includes AIR staff, senior advisors, and staff from the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and Public Impact (PI)
Learn about the four advisory groups that inform the GTL Center's vision, plans, and the development of our tools and resources.