Student Learning Objectives Resource Library
Student learning objectives (SLOs) are emerging as one measure to assess teachers' contributions to student growth in educator evaluation systems. To support states and districts in developing and implementing SLOs, the GTL Center is curating a searchable collection of SLO resources. Use the six icons at the bottom of this webpage to look at specific types of resources. Or use our advanced search to access all the resources at once.
Not quite sure what SLOs are? Start with the following resources:
- Targeting Growth: Using Student Learning Objectives as a Measure of Educator Effectiveness (Reform Support Network, 2011)
- Student Learning Objectives as Measures of Educator Effectiveness: The Basics (Lachlan-Haché, Cushing, & Bivona, 2012)
- Considerations for Analyzing Educator's Contributions to Student Learning in Non-tested Subjects and Grades with a Focus on SLOs (Marion, DePascale, Domaleski, Gong, & Diaz-Bilello, 2012)
- Need help? We offer in-person support to state education agencies and regional centers. Contact us about giving a presentation or participating in a planning meeting.
- Know of a resource we should add to the collection? Send us an e-mail or Tweet it to us with the hashtag #GTLSLO