Talent for Turnaround Leadership Academy
The Talent for Turnaround Leadership Academy (T4TLA) is a multiyear initiative supporting seven states and 14 school districts in aligning their equitable access and school improvement efforts. T4TLA supports teams in developing coherent and aligned talent management systems that attract, support, and retain excellent educators in the lowest performing, highest need schools and districts.
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) emphasizes coordination among and between federal programs, and T4TLA provides an ideal opportunity to strengthen connections between talent management and school improvement systems at the state and local levels. The project is led through a partnership of seven federally funded centers: two national content centers and five regional comprehensive centers. Together, the partners provide strategic support, technical assistance, and access to content expertise to help T4TLA teams achieve a long-term vision to:
- Create and sustain a pipeline of excellent educators to teach and lead in the highest need schools
- Ensure that all students have access to excellent teachers and leaders
For more detailed information about the project, explore the content below or download the T4TLA Concept Paper.
What is T4TLA?
GTL Center project lead, Dana Chambers, shares the blended learning technical assistance approach that grounds the project and regional and state team members highlight their experiences in the project working to improve teacher retention in high-need schools in their states.
T4TLA Activities & Impacts
Regional, state, and district team members from Indiana, Georgia, and Mississippi share about their team's projects aimed at improving teacher retention in high-need schools. Strategies included in these projects include stronger mentoring and induction programs, improved instructional leadership supports for school leaders, and expanded professional learning opportunities for teachers.
Story Map: A Quick Overview of T4TLA State Team and Projects
Download a PDF of the Infographic
In the News
Check out the latest updates from the Talent for Turnaround Leadership Academy below or sign-up to receive our e-mail announcements.
- Globe Unified School District’s T4TLA Journey Talent for Turnaround Newsletter (June 2019)
- T4TLA Lessons Learned. Talent for Turnaround Newsletter (August 2019)
- Mississippi Takes an Assets-Based Approach to District and School Improvement. Talent for Turnaround Newsletter (December 2018)
- Talent or Turnaround Leadership Academy: National Meeting. GTL Center Insights (November 2018)
- Retaining Great Teachers, Improving Instruction: Chinle’s New Principal Induction Program. GTL Center Insights (October 2018)
- Mentoring and Induction Program Shows Results in Indiana. T4TLA Newsletter (August 2018)
- Collaborating to Improve Teacher Retention in Rhode Island. T4TLA Newsletter (May 2018)
- Supporting Georgia School Administrators to Foster Teacher Growth. T4TLA Newsletter (February 2018)
Principal Technical Assistance Consultant, AIR
Deputy Director, GTL Center