Talent for Turnaround Leadership Academy
The Talent for Turnaround Leadership Academy (T4TLA) is a multiyear initiative supporting seven states and 14 school districts in aligning their equitable access and school improvement efforts. T4TLA supports teams in developing coherent and aligned talent management systems that attract, support, and retain excellent educators in the lowest performing, highest need schools and districts.
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) emphasizes coordination among and between federal programs, and T4TLA provides an ideal opportunity to strengthen connections between talent management and school improvement systems at the state and local levels. The project is led through a partnership of seven federally funded centers: two national content centers and five regional comprehensive centers. Together, the partners provide strategic support, technical assistance, and access to content expertise to help T4TLA teams achieve a long-term vision to:
- Create and sustain a pipeline of excellent educators to teach and lead in the highest need schools
- Ensure that all students have access to excellent teachers and leaders
For more detailed information about the project, explore the content below or download the T4TLA Concept Paper.
Story Map: A Quick Overview of T4TLA State Team and Projects
In the News
Check out the latest updates from the Talent for Turnaround Leadership Academy below or sign-up to receive our e-mail announcements.
- Talent or Turnaround Leadership Academy: National Meeting. GTL Center Insights (November 2018)
- Retaining Great Teachers, Improving Instruction: Chinle’s New Principal Induction Program. GTL Center Insights (October 2018)
- Mentoring and Induction Program Shows Results in Indiana. T4TLA Newsletter (August 2018)
- Collaborating to Improve Teacher Retention in Rhode Island. T4TLA Newsletter (May 2018)
- Supporting Georgia School Administrators to Foster Teacher Growth. T4TLA Newsletter (February 2018)