About This Toolkit
Ensuring all students have access to excellent educators is critical for the future prosperity of our country. However, equity gaps vary by state and with even greater disparities by district, each state will confront a wide range of challenges. The Equitable Access Toolkit is here to help!
Are you looking for guidance to explain your data profile and inform your wider communications approach?
- Refer to the Moving Toward Equity Stakeholder Engagement Guide—Resource 1: Four Key Steps for Equitable Access Communication Planning
Are you searching for other sample documents to help with your stakeholder engagement planning and activities?
- Look at the Moving Toward Equity Stakeholder Engagement Guide— Sample Meeting Agendas; PowerPoint Template; and Sample Timeline and Timeline Template for Developing an Educator Equity Plan
Does your state team need support starting your root-cause analysis?
Do you need assistance folding data points into your state equity plan?
- Bring your state team together around the Moving Toward Equity Data Review Tool
The following additional resources will support the development and implementation of State Plans to Ensure the Equitable Access to Excellent Educators:
- Equitable Access Topical Convening, February 2015, Meeting Summary and Material
- State Plans to Ensure Equitable Access to Excellent Educators: Guidance and Examples for States from the Reform Support Network
- Promoting More Equitable Access to Effecitve Teachers: Strategic Options for States to Improve Placement and Movement from the Reform Support Network
- Readiness Tool from the Equitable Access Support Network
- Moving Toward Equity Technical Assistance Resources Overview
- Moving Toward Equity Quick-Start Guide
- The Innovation Station Database
- State and District Examples
- Talent Development Framework
- Everyone at the Table: Engaging Teachers in Evaluation Reform Website
- The Qualitative Factors that Affect Teacher Distribution from the Northwest Comprehensive Center
For more information on how the Center on Great Teachers and Leaders (GTL Center) can assist with your state plans, please e-mail Ellen Sherratt (email@example.com).